Terry Collins

jim rozen wrote:

The solution to all of these situations is the same, and straightforward:
simply pretend to be an inconsiderate oaf like they are, and blunder
straight into them. Stare off into the distance as you do so and
mumble under your breath.

The advantage of face to face collision is the eventually they learn.
Pavlovian aversion training {:-). My example is commuting on the urban
trains with people who don't let you off the carriage before they start
barging on. It is marvellous how quickly they learn to "give that
arsehole room" when you barge out the door and just slam straight
through their solid wall a few days in a row. Of course, I always loudly
say excuse me {:-).