Wayne G. Dengel

You got it, got the picture.

And, yes, one of the connections would have to have a left-handed thread.
Or what? have not figured out how to assemble such a brass-rod rectangle.
This is not a trick question - just wish to "pull this off", some assembly
in some simple way. Are left-handed threads difficult to come by?
Turn-buckles have one left and one right. If I could only find small,
brass turnbuckles! In fact, turnbuckles would be ideal - able to "pull the
brass rod rectangle" together, i.e. snug into rabbets milled into the
stain-glass outer wood frame.

As for the 'L'-shapped corner brackets, right now I am in the mood to simple
bend the rods at the corners. I can't help wonder if this will negatively
effect rod strength to the point where this whole design is unworthy.

Wayne

"Dave Plumpe" wrote in message
k.net...
Ummmm, perhaps I'm not understanding. I get the picture of a rectangle
formed by 4 brass rods, threaded on their ends, and connected at the
corners by 4 internally threaded brass "L"-shaped corner brackets.

At least one of these connections would have to have lefthand threads,
wouldn't it?

-Dave P.
--
http://plumpe.home.mindspring.com
email:

"Wayne G. Dengel" wrote in message
Good Morning!

I need brass rods & threaded fittings - 1/8" diameter rods will do (can
find these at The Home Depot).

What I need from the group is the name of a supplier of brass fittings,
i.e. means to connect one rod to the next.
Rods will be formed into a retangle that will be used to support a
stain-glass window (approx 18" wide x 53" high; glass portion already in
a wood frame). Plan to hang the SG window in front of a glass-block
window. Wood frame is not structurally sound. A brass-rod "band" around
the overall structure should do it.

I can thread the 1/8" rods - need threaded fittings for end-to-end
connection.

I'll buy the rods (already threaded ??) and suitable fittings from one
supplier as may be available.

Thanks!

Wayne Dengel