Richard Sterry

Default Makita Cordless 18V Drill - Chuck Noise

Grunff wrote:
Quddus wrote:

The clunks are very quick in sucession and there are about three.
please view the audio and video and see what you think. I should warn
you that the video is about 3 megs but the audio is pretty small.

http://www.aq.eclipse.co.uk/Ebay/Mutimedia/

Sounds exactly the same as mine. It's just the chuck lock engaging. It
bounces a little when stopping from higher speed, hence the more
noticeable clicking.

FWIW, my old Bosch which also had auto chuck lock used to make a far
more alarming noise.

Yup, my Bosch makes a louder and more alarming noise than that, too. Don't
seem like anything to worry about.

Rick