Brian Lawson

Hey Eric,

There is an email address at the bottom of the page at this site. Bet
he can answer.

http://yarchive.net/gun/ammo/calibers.html

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:51:40 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

I've looked, and can't find, what the hole size for .22 revolver
cylinders should be. Maybe I'm using the wrong terms. I've even tried
the words "pistol nomenclature" and "revolver nomenclature" with
litttle success. Anyway, what I have is a .22 cylinder in which the
holes are not concentric to the bore for the pin they rotate around.
So, the idea is to set up the cylinder with the holes running true and
boring out the pin hole and bushing it down to size. When sliding a
pin into the .22 holes it turns out they are tapered. .226 at the
entrance and .224 at the exit. The taper varies from hole to hole. So
the .226 pin goes into each hole a different amount. Should all these
holes be straightened out by making them .226 all the way through? Or
should they just be left alone?
Thanks,
Eric