Quddus

Default Makita Cordless 18V Drill - Chuck Noise

Grunff wrote in message ..

Hmmm. I have the same drill. The only noise I hear as it stops is the
chuck lock, which is pretty much a single clunk. I don't think it's any
louder when stopping at high speed.

there is a definite difference in the noise from the chuck on my drill
at the two different speeds. The low speed one comes to a smooth stop
whereas in higher speed it more of stutters and clunks to a stop. See
the clips below...

So what happens is the electronic brake stops the drill spinning, then a
mechanical lock engages to stop the chuck from turning (so you can
change the bit with one hand).

You say a series of clunks, and this sounds odd. Are they quick clunks?
How many of them?

The clunks are very quick in sucession and there are about three.
please view the audio and video and see what you think. I should warn
you that the video is about 3 megs but the audio is pretty small.

http://www.aq.eclipse.co.uk/Ebay/Mutimedia/

The two files can be found at the above page.

Cheers.