wallster

Waynemak wrote:
I needed a small piece of 4"x4" square tube for a tractor attachment,
stopped in a local steel building erector. They had a full roll off full of
cut offs. They said anything under 8 feet they dump. $20 per grab, she said
if I come after they close its free????. I didn't want to explain this to
the local police so I paid $20.00 for a 8 foot section of 4 x 4 1/4 wall
stock. All new with no rust, the problem is now I have all these new
projects floating in ny head.

I go to a nationally franchised metal supplier called The metal
supermarket http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/
they cut the steel to size, which is handy if everything is premeasured
plus you pay for the cut size. They're a little pricey, but unless you
know of a place that is willing to let there scraps go cheap, they may
be your only alternative. I never pass up free stock (as long as i cam
make room for it)I really have to think about a project based on the
cost of the steel.
good luck,

walt