steve

Yea, we have a large extended family, many cousins, no one sent their
parents to a home. I think it comes down to mostly planning, and
planning early, like when you just begin working, and assume at some
point in your life you won't be working for 5 to 10 years to take care
of your parents, if you do that the process becomes much easier.

But obviously things happen, though, and life doesn't go as planned,
and you may not have the skill/resources to care for your parents
properly, so nursing homes are the best option in some cases. But I
know a lot of people who think taking off from work is not even a
option they would consider, their life plan assumes nothing bad will
ever happen to them or their family.