trevor jones

doc wrote:
I have need of an old tool called a 3 cornered scaper. It is at first
sight, similar to a triangular file, with no teeth. Does anybody know
of a place in the UK where one can be purchased? Or failing that, I was
informed that such an implement can be manufactured from an
afformentioned triangular file, with the teeth ground off it by a
grinding wheel, and three fine edges left on it. Does anyone have any
experience of this.

You can make one with a steady hand and some patience at the grinder.
You just don't want to let it get any hotter than you can comfortably
hold, so lots of dipping it in water to keep it cool. If you are
comfortable with basic heat treating, just grind the heck out of it and
reharden after the fact.

Any machine tool supplier that stock deburring tool sets will have
them as well, in smaller sizes, anyway. The Shaviv brand kit in my
toolbox has two triangular tips, one about 1/8" across the flat, the
other about 1/4".

Cheers
Trevor Jones