SteveB

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Ayup. Above all else, Situational Awareness Rules!

I am either psychic or intuitive. I can sit at the mall, and watch people.
I can tell you about people's families. I can tell you which husband and
wife are fighting. I can tell you which father is porking which daughter.
I can tell you as much about people and families after fifteen minutes of
observation as a psychiatrist can after six sessions. I can sit in parking
lot situations, and have a thorough grasp on every character there.

Sometimes this is a blessing and a curse.

But, yes, you have to be aware. If you watch the Nature programs about the
wildebeest and the lions, it is always the dopey wildebeest that are away
from the crowd, pronking along ............ lah dee dee, lah dee dah
.............. doh tee doh ............ that end up as dinner.

Same with humans. I see people do some incredibly stupid things, and want
to go over and tell them, but they would probably pepper spray me, shoot me,
or call the cops.

I was a safety professional in another life. Same scenario. In those
cases, we usually got to talk to the people AFTER the incident.

Now, it is just easier to turn my head, walk away, and not have the stress.

I AM situationally aware to the sixth degree.

Steve