Gary Brady

doc wrote:
I have need of an old tool called a 3 cornered scaper. It is at first
sight, similar to a triangular file, with no teeth. Does anybody know
of a place in the UK where one can be purchased? Or failing that, I was
informed that such an implement can be manufactured from an
afformentioned triangular file, with the teeth ground off it by a
grinding wheel, and three fine edges left on it. Does anyone have any
experience of this.

Not in the UK, but MSC has the imported ones on sale in their September
flyer, $2-$5 depending on the size. At that price, stock up. Surely
they'll ship across the pond. www.mscdirect.com

Gary Brady
Austin, TX