Gunner Asch

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:16:43 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Actually..Steve is wrong. A primer DOES have the ability to detonate
c4 , RDX and others. We salted caches all over southeast Asia with
such doctored rounds. I actually saw the results of such a round being
fired. Not pretty, not pretty at all.

Gunner

I stand corrected. From what I recall of basic explosives training during
diving school, and actual field explosive work, I would not have thought
that a primer could reach the detonation velocity of C4.

Steve

The only true Explosive in a cartridge is the primer/priming compound.
When in intimate contact with the flash hole, sufficent energy is
transfered to do the deed.

Shrug...its on the low end, but yah..it will toss a AK bolt backwards
fast enough embed it in the tree behind the shooters ...well..what
remains of the shooters skull.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner