SteveB

"Todd Rich" wrote in message
Jon Elson wrote:
(snip)
Not true. A full-size adult was killed by his pet boa constrictor (yes,
the snake was HUGE) about 15 years ago, here in the St. Louis area.
Certainly rare, but it can happen. The guy was trying to cut the snake
with a pocket knife when he must have run out of air.

Jon

Sorry, I don't belive it was a boa. They max out at about 10'-12' long
and maybe 50 pounds. While it is theoretically possible, it is on the
same order as a poodle killing a grown man.

A burmese python on the other hand has been known to occasionally kill
people and are large enough to actually have a good chance of taking out a
grown man. They also can get to be 18' long and 150-200 pounds.
Todd
(who owns 2 boas, and has in the past owned a burmese python)

I must have been dreaming a few years back when I saw that news footage of
the fireman hack sawing that snake in half that was killing its human
victim.

The newscaster said it was a boa. I don't think the snake, the fireman, or
the guy with the protruding eyeballs cared one whit. You know how those
newsmen lie about facts and details.

I DO remember, though, it WAS a snake.

Steve