Chris

"Marc" wrote in message
news:ByFXe.1756$Az1.1447@trnddc07...
Dave Hinz wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:28:46 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Gunner Asch writes:

The criteria, in virtually all jurisdictions, is :

"You must have reasonable cause to belive, that your life, or the life
of another is in immediate danger, before you can employ deadly force"

I assure you, as someone who has drawn several times, and on one
occasion fired, in self-defense, it is far, far more complicated than
that.

As with so many other things, specific interpretations vary by state.

Yes, the basic idea is correct.
CCW classes in GA a while back made it very clear ( in GA ) that "you"
must be in fear for your life' or another to use deadly force.
I now live in Florida and the Castle doctrine was just passed here, we do
not have to retreat ( like in MA ) , IE: you break down my door and its
dead perp time. Period !!
If memory serves I think it was in Louisiana they passed a similar law
about car jacking, you could defend you car/life instead of giving up your
car to a perp.
Aye
Marc
YMMV

Great, now we have to retreat in MA..... ???? I cannot keep up with this
junk. This is after I just learned the only way to get a permit is to say
it is for target practice. Say it is for protection and you are denied.

Chris