Toller

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
news:UIKXe.7095$nV1.2077@trnddc06...
"Toller" wrote in message
news
On a boatbuilding group someone suggested running it through the TS as
appropriate depths and taking it off with a chisel.

That sounds like a pretty good idea, don't you think?

That will work.

I made a dagger board for a sunfish one time with a table saw, coping saw,
and a router to round the edges.
As I recall, the dagger didn't vary in thickness except on the leading and
trailing edges. I might have used a belt sander, I don't remember. Today
I would use hand planes and spoke shaves. A person has to use what ever
tools available to him. A 2" thick dagger sure sounds thick to me. :-)

It will finish up about 1 5/8". I should have planed the wood to size
before starting, but I underestimated the labor in reducing it and figures
it was better to start with too much than wish I had. Now it is too late,
since I can't plane 15".
The boat is about the same size and weight as a sunfish, but about twice the
sail. I guess that is why it needs a bigger board.