J T

Sun, Sep 18, 2005, 10:30pm (EDT-3) (Guess=A0who)
did spaketh:
If it removes paint, it's nasty.
TSP [Trisodium Phosphate] available at your local lumber yard or
hardware. I cleaned 80 yr old old varnished wood easily by brushing on a
supersaturated solution. Apply. Wait. Brush vigorously with a stiff
brush [a cut-down old paintbrush works well]. Hose off with water. Dry
in the sun.

See my response to Patriarch.

However, varnish isn't really paint. Apparently, it will also work
on latex paint. But, I've been doing a lot of googling lately, and
haven't found any sites saying it will work on oil-based paint. Clean
paint, yes; strip paint, no. If you've got a link, I'd appreciate it if
you'd post it.

JOAT
If it ain't broke - fix it 'til it is.
- Unknown