Sherman

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:56:55 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

"KTECH" writes:
Last big holiday of the summer coming and I would like to have a family cook
out. Problem is ,here in Chi the bees ( all kinds) seem to have the same
idea.
Looking for some tricks you guys use to keep our cook out human only.
Other bugs can be somewhat controlled . But not the bees ,Wasps etc.Fat is

Provide the bees with water at an alternate nearby location, well
away from the crowd. I used a concrete bowl under a faucet drip and
it attracted the bees. On the day of the cookout, in small narrow
strips, pour a small jar of honey on the ground near the water. That
will keep the bees occupied with food and water.

Most importantly, instruct your guests to never swat at a bee. They
are gentle creatures and will never sting unless provoked.