Brian V

"StephanieKahl" wrote in message

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am a novice when it comes to HVAC. We are
planning to purchase a two-stage variable speed (side vent) gas furnace
and have the decision down to 2 bids:

1. Maytag 92% 80K BTU furnace; 10-yr. p/l warranty

2. Carrier 94.5% 80K BTU furnace; 10-yr. p/l warranty but priced $600
more than the Maytag

I have found lots of info on Carrier--so feel good about that product.
But we can't find a lot of info on Maytag. My husband feels that there
is probably no difference between the quality of the two products and
wants to go with the cheaper Maytag. I am hesitant b/c they've only
been on the market for 4 years.

If you had to choose between the 2, which would it be, given the $600
price difference? Any suggestions or info would be appreciated. Both
installers are highly reputable (per Angie's List, our prior experience
and others' input).

Thanks,
Stephanie

--
StephanieKahl

What's your anual heating bill? 2.5% more effecient should be a no brainer
if you live in a heavy use area, will pay for itself very quickly. Even if
they were equal I would still opt for the Carrier, that's what Carrier does,
let Maytag make their washers and driers.