John Savage

"KTECH" writes:
Last big holiday of the summer coming and I would like to have a family cook
out. Problem is ,here in Chi the bees ( all kinds) seem to have the same
idea.
Looking for some tricks you guys use to keep our cook out human only.
Other bugs can be somewhat controlled . But not the bees ,Wasps etc.Fat is

I don't know about wasps, but with bees if you take a swipe but miss then
the bee can get very agro. Don't overlook the usefulness of the hoover for
gently sucking up bees, etc. Wait for the bee to alight on the table, and
slowly edge the vacuum cleaner hose up to it. At first the bee just feels a
strengthening breeze and it digs in its heels, but as the breeze grows to
a typhoon the bee surrenders. They get well and truly tangled in the fluff
inside the cleaner bag, but just to make sure they never emerge, a squirt
of insect killer down the hose when packing away should seal their fate.
With wasps and spiders I stick a cork in the hoover hose and don't unplug
it from the vac to be doubly sure there are no escapees in the house!