david lang wrote:
Homebase is turning into a toyshop, not a DIY store. Only saving grace is
the panel cutting service. Focus is cramped, dirty and the staff have an
attitude problem round here.

I used to have that attitude and also a feeling that they (Homebase)
were expensive. That was all changed at the weekend. First of all we
found a bathroom suite we liked in the "half price sale". When I asked
when the next 10% off day was, they did a deal by marking down the
items that were in stock such that I got 10% off the whole order (the
rest to be delivered). I don't know if the fact B&Q were running a 10%
promo at the weekend was relevant.

Then, wanting some plumbing fittings, off we went to B&Q. The display
was absolutely appaling, with hooks crammed in everywhere, half of
which had the wrong items hanging on them. The queues were long
(probably due to the 10% promo) and they didn't have half of what I
wanted either. Back to Homebase, the store is clean, bright and every
item was in stock, correctly priced and labelled and the prices weren't
all that bad. Guess who got the business. In future, Homebase will be
first, rather than last resort as it is actually more convenient for
me.

MBQ