Chris

"daniel peterman" wrote in message
I am always surprised by high speed chases of suspected stolen cars.
Aren't there millions of cars, trucks whatever on the roads? A stolen
car is an issue between the owner and the insurance company. This is
different than somebody ripping off your fine china or Rolex. The
police scare the **** out of thieves and provoke chases that would
usually end in no incidence if there were no sirens and flashing lights.
Many times innocent people and property are damagd by car
thieves trying to outrun copters and cop cars. Let them go, I say. It's
just a car. Its parts won't vaporize off the face of the Earth. Cars and
other vehicles are very seldom actually owned by the people who garage
them. Metallic status symbols. Why should police be involved except in
the carjacking cases? Totally different issue.

They get on TV chasing cars. Plus it is fun and not "real" work.

Not the case with stolen tools.

I say if you are robbed, tell the cops that they left in a stolen car drunk.
That will give them some incentive.

Chris