SteveB

Default A sad day

Today I went to fill out a police report.

Missing:

One Jackson hood with NexGen EQC lens
One two horse Sears compressor (the old quiet one)
One new 9527 Makita grinder
One new 9501B Makita grinder
One Toro leaf blower

Chances of recovery ............ between none and zero. My daughter is a
PO, and son in law is in the intelligence department. Both have told me
chances are slim.

Bottom line ............. secure your stuff.

Scum is everywhere.

Steve

Albert Finley

On the bright side, they caught some guy and his wife with over a half
million in stolen equipment stashed all over their home. They were selling it
off on Ebay. 70 % of the stuff was returned to the owners.

The sun shines, even on a dog's ass, once in a while. (Quote from a forgotten
source, perhaps Clint E.)

SteveB wrote:

Today I went to fill out a police report.

Missing:

One Jackson hood with NexGen EQC lens
One two horse Sears compressor (the old quiet one)
One new 9527 Makita grinder
One new 9501B Makita grinder
One Toro leaf blower

Chances of recovery ............ between none and zero. My daughter is a
PO, and son in law is in the intelligence department. Both have told me
chances are slim.

Bottom line ............. secure your stuff.

Scum is everywhere.

Steve

daniel peterman

Go to te nearest pawn shop. Be your own detective. Thieves pawn this
stuff before it is ever reported to police. If you find it don't be
surprised if you have to buy it back from pawn thief. Check your local
craigs list and ebay for awhile.

Tom Gardner

The good news is: YOU GET TO GET NEW STUFF!!! Trust me, I feel your pain,
I'm out 20k$ this year due to thefts. I've had to bolster my perimeter and
am putting in a DVR surveillance system. I know that feeling in the pit of
your stomach. Go to the shooting range and visualize.

"SteveB" wrote in message
Today I went to fill out a police report.

Missing:

One Jackson hood with NexGen EQC lens
One two horse Sears compressor (the old quiet one)
One new 9527 Makita grinder
One new 9501B Makita grinder
One Toro leaf blower

Chances of recovery ............ between none and zero. My daughter is a
PO, and son in law is in the intelligence department. Both have told me
chances are slim.

Bottom line ............. secure your stuff.

Scum is everywhere.

Steve

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:12:24 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

The good news is: YOU GET TO GET NEW STUFF!!! Trust me, I feel your pain,
I'm out 20k$ this year due to thefts. I've had to bolster my perimeter and
am putting in a DVR surveillance system. I know that feeling in the pit of
your stomach. Go to the shooting range and visualize.

WHAT? You don't have that system installed and guarding you YET?
tsk tsk tsk Hell, Tom, for $5k + flight/cheap_hotel/vehicle + DVR
system, I'll fly out there and put it in -for- you.

If the DHS allows me to fly. One never knows nowadays.

- Metaphors Be With You -
http://diversify.com Web Application Programming

JohnM

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:12:24 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

The good news is: YOU GET TO GET NEW STUFF!!! Trust me, I feel your pain,
I'm out 20k$ this year due to thefts. I've had to bolster my perimeter and
am putting in a DVR surveillance system. I know that feeling in the pit of
your stomach. Go to the shooting range and visualize.

WHAT? You don't have that system installed and guarding you YET?
tsk tsk tsk Hell, Tom, for $5k + flight/cheap_hotel/vehicle + DVR
system, I'll fly out there and put it in -for- you.

If the DHS allows me to fly. One never knows nowadays.

- Metaphors Be With You -
http://diversify.com Web Application Programming

For half that and a bus ticket I'll come down with my riot gun and camp
out in there for a couple of weeks..

John
Chris

"JohnM" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:12:24 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

The good news is: YOU GET TO GET NEW STUFF!!! Trust me, I feel your
pain, I'm out 20k$ this year due to thefts. I've had to bolster my
perimeter and am putting in a DVR surveillance system. I know that
feeling in the pit of your stomach. Go to the shooting range and
visualize.

WHAT? You don't have that system installed and guarding you YET?
tsk tsk tsk Hell, Tom, for $5k + flight/cheap_hotel/vehicle + DVR
system, I'll fly out there and put it in -for- you.

If the DHS allows me to fly. One never knows nowadays.

- Metaphors Be With You -
http://diversify.com Web Application Programming

For half that and a bus ticket I'll come down with my riot gun and camp
out in there for a couple of weeks..

John

Heck, I would charge you nothing and pay for my own travel, if you guarantee
I can shoot a thief!

Corpse removal and disposal, I would have to charge for. Than again, you
might just want to string him up. Sort of like a scarecrow for thieves.

--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a
soldier. If it is in ebonics, thank your Congressman.

Too_Many_Tools

Steve,

I am sorry to hear of the loss.

Theft is one of the few things in life that really ticks me off.

At the same time, please remember it was just stuff...good stuff but
still stuff.

As you tighten up the security, bear in mind that most thefts are done
by someone that you know. Any new visitors in the last month? Any new
neighbors? Ask yourself who knows what is in your shop/garage? Any new
cars driving by lately? New paper boy? Ask yourself what has changed.

Have any of the neighbors suffered any losses? Were you singled out or
did they do the neighborhood?

The air compressor was not a quick grab and run item so the thief had
transportation near by...which means they knew the area. Based on the
type of equipment and where it was stored, did the thief know where to
look? Were the items the most valuable? If so, it tells you that the
thief had time to decide what to take...again, a sign that he knew the
area and was comfortable in taking the time to be choosy.

Thieves are creatures of habit and may likely come back to get more.

Tighten the perimeter and let the neighbors know so you have extra eyes
and ears looking for the next time.

Good luck,

TMT

SteveB wrote:
Today I went to fill out a police report.

snip

Bottom line ............. secure your stuff.

Scum is everywhere.

Steve

Sorry to hear of your loss Steve...
How about dropping me an email (granpaw) at my home.
I went though a windows reinstall circus last week and lost all my
"freinds".

granpaw

Don Foreman

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:01:34 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

Today I went to fill out a police report.

Missing:

One Jackson hood with NexGen EQC lens
One two horse Sears compressor (the old quiet one)
One new 9527 Makita grinder
One new 9501B Makita grinder
One Toro leaf blower

Chances of recovery ............ between none and zero. My daughter is a
PO, and son in law is in the intelligence department. Both have told me
chances are slim.

Bottom line ............. secure your stuff.

Scum is everywhere.

When I've had thefts, the police attitude was
"that's what insurance is for". Insurance is undoubtedly
cheaper than the legal defense against a lawsuit for not helping
the *******s load their truck if you catch them in the act.

Bob Engelhardt

Don Foreman wrote:
When I've had thefts, the police attitude was
"that's what insurance is for". ...

Tell me about it! I had a policeman ask: "What do you want us to do
about it?" And I had told him who did it - not by name, but by
connection that they *could* have followed! Bob
Chris

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Don Foreman wrote:
When I've had thefts, the police attitude was "that's what insurance is
for". ...

Tell me about it! I had a policeman ask: "What do you want us to do about
it?" And I had told him who did it - not by name, but by connection that
they *could* have followed! Bob

Too busy? I am always tired of hearing that. Had the same said to me after
a $48k theft last year.

Ironically, they will gladly hand you a traffic ticket the next day; while
you are on your way to get replacement tools.

Chris

SteveB

Well, I spent today putting up 40' of fencing that was sitting on the table
when the thieves took what they took. I have been traveling for the last
month, and the project was in progress.

I have put the wife on notice that I will not engage in any other
remodeling, projects, or bull**** until I have MY area secured to MY
satisfaction. ( I was doing many other things other than what I needed to
do for Steve.)

I am paying attention to putting things away under lock and key, and
quitting 30 minutes before quitting time to do so.

I have declared "The Sanford Yard", as it has come to be known, as My
Domain, and not subject to the CC and R's usually required for the rest of
the house for any improvement/project instigated by me. (her projects have
no such srutinizing panel) Now, I don't ask, I don't tell, and I don't
CARE!

Ideas that I had to secure the area before this were trumped by Dearly
Beloved, and the results were predictable. Now, I have found a screen on
the house that was jimmied, but not able to get in. I will show her that,
and then she will be as incensed as I am, as now it has infringed on HER
sacred sanctuary. (Guys, take the hint. Do what you know needs to be done,
and just listen to the bitching.)

It has been a long day. I got a lot done. I have a lot more to do, about
80' more of block wall topping wrought iron fence. Two eight foot gates.
Extensions to existing fences/walls in other places. I am not fortifying,
just doing it right like it needed to be done from day one.

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps that will bring blood
and break bones. Anyone out there that ain't supposed to be there will just
have to cope.

Steve

Chris

"SteveB" wrote in message

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps that will bring
blood and break bones. Anyone out there that ain't supposed to be there
will just have to cope.

Steve

Just remember that dull objects (knives, etc.) create more pain than sharp
objects. More pain equals more screams equals a living scarecrow.
Hopefully scaring off the other thieves.

Chris

SteveB

"Chris" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps that will bring
blood and break bones. Anyone out there that ain't supposed to be there
will just have to cope.

Steve

Just remember that dull objects (knives, etc.) create more pain than sharp
objects. More pain equals more screams equals a living scarecrow.
Hopefully scaring off the other thieves.

Chris

My imagination has been running amok. Mostly gravity actuated devices
triggered by a trip wire. Anyone got any sites they would care to share?

Steve

Clif Holland

Just remember, booby traps are a lawyers delight. You could own nothing if
someone gets hurt.

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

SteveB

"Clif Holland" wrote in message
Just remember, booby traps are a lawyers delight. You could own nothing if
someone gets hurt.

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Let me see if I understand this:

Someone comes on my property, and is up to no good, and I am responsible for
that person's safety?

I think I will just shoot them instead.

I was trying to give them a break (or at least a compound fracture), but
now, I would probably be farther ahead by just giving them lead poisoning.

It don't matter to me. My work area is a dangerous environment during the
day in full light. At night, it could easily become downright fatal with a
few tactically placed items.

"Hey, officer. It must have just been justice that the heavy iron item fell
exactly that direction."

Steve

Steve

John R. Carroll

SteveB wrote:
[...]

You'll have plenty of time to remove the trip lines Steve. Just keep it in
mind no and don't forget to actually remove the things then.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

Chris

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Cliff,
Good point. A sad point but true. I heard a rumor of a burglar suing a
homeowner. Seems the crook fell down the stairs while robbing the poor guys
house. Complaint was the light bulb was out.

Not sure of the outcome was or even if it was true. Would not surprise me,
and is not something that I would want to go through. Although it should be
obvious that we should add the judge and lawyer to the list of crooks.

Than again recent story about he the property owner down on the Mexican
border who lost his property. Seems he detained some illegals as they were
crossing the border. Judge granted the property to the illegal that sued
him. God forbid if there was a booby trap.

Chris

Chris

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps that will bring
blood and break bones. Anyone out there that ain't supposed to be there
will just have to cope.

Steve

Just remember that dull objects (knives, etc.) create more pain than
sharp objects. More pain equals more screams equals a living scarecrow.
Hopefully scaring off the other thieves.

Chris

My imagination has been running amok. Mostly gravity actuated devices
triggered by a trip wire. Anyone got any sites they would care to share?

Steve

I could jog the old memory as I took some simple classes way back.

Using gravity is an option. Best used when the victim falls or steps (i.e.
tiger trap). Plus you get more PSI in a human footstep than most animals.

Chris

Chris

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

How about "accidentally" wiring some cables from the power lines to the
fence, doors and windows. Make it look like the wind blew it down. LOL

Chris

wws

SteveB wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps that will bring
blood and break bones. Anyone out there that ain't supposed to be there
will just have to cope.

Steve

Just remember that dull objects (knives, etc.) create more pain than sharp
objects. More pain equals more screams equals a living scarecrow.
Hopefully scaring off the other thieves.

Chris

My imagination has been running amok. Mostly gravity actuated devices
triggered by a trip wire. Anyone got any sites they would care to share?

Steve

Don't forget the Doberman Pinscher Breeders Association sign.
daniel peterman

I am always surprised by high speed chases of suspected stolen cars.
Aren't there millions of cars, trucks whatever on the roads? A stolen
car is an issue between the owner and the insurance company. This is
different than somebody ripping off your fine china or Rolex. The
police scare the **** out of thieves and provoke chases that would
usually end in no incidence if there were no sirens and flashing lights.
Many times innocent people and property are damagd by car
thieves trying to outrun copters and cop cars. Let them go, I say. It's
just a car. Its parts won't vaporize off the face of the Earth. Cars and
other vehicles are very seldom actually owned by the people who garage
them. Metallic status symbols. Why should police be involved except in
the carjacking cases? Totally different issue.

Chris

"wws" wrote in message ...
SteveB wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps that will bring
blood and break bones. Anyone out there that ain't supposed to be there
will just have to cope.

Steve

Just remember that dull objects (knives, etc.) create more pain than
sharp objects. More pain equals more screams equals a living scarecrow.
Hopefully scaring off the other thieves.

Chris

My imagination has been running amok. Mostly gravity actuated devices
triggered by a trip wire. Anyone got any sites they would care to share?

Steve

Don't forget the Doberman Pinscher Breeders Association sign.

Problem is, most crooks cannot read, yet alone English. A good picture type
sign should do. A Doberman attached to the family jewels might do the
trick.

Chris

Don Bruder

In article ZonXe.81082$DW1.6946@fed1read06,
"SteveB" wrote:

"Clif Holland" wrote in message
Just remember, booby traps are a lawyers delight. You could own nothing if
someone gets hurt.

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF

Let me see if I understand this:

Someone comes on my property, and is up to no good, and I am responsible for
that person's safety?

You got it in one, bub...

In some jurisdictions, simply placing the booby-traps in the first place
is a criminal offense that gets handled on a par with attempted murder.
In other jurisdictions, even IMPLYING that you've placed booby-traps,
whether you have actually done so or not, will get you at least hassled
by the LEOs, if not actually arrested. A local fellow here (Northern
Calif.) got in some serious **** over something like this a few years
back - after being ripped off umpty-odd times with no response from the
cops, he spray painted signage on the property - "Warning! Opening will
cause shotgun to fire through door" on the garage door. "Beware spiked
pit traps ahead" next to the barn door, and several other similar items.
Nothing actually there except the spray painted warnings, but the cops
responded to THAT all right... They hauled his ass off to jail for
several days, and proceeded to make life hell for him for several months
before it finally got dropped.

God forbid you should actually have a bad-guy get hit by one... You're
at fault, and liable for everything from a full-scale
take-you-to-the-cleaners lawsuit (that the bad guy - or his next of kin
- is likely to win due to the laws against man-traps that are on the
books) to jail time.

I think I will just shoot them instead.

I was trying to give them a break (or at least a compound fracture), but
now, I would probably be farther ahead by just giving them lead poisoning.

Absolutely true in the society we're living in today... Shoot 'em, but
make sure the body falls inside - Also, make sure to empty your weaopn
and claim that fear for your life made you just keep squeezing the
trigger over and over in a panic until the gun didn't do anything but go
click click click.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.

Chris

"SteveB" wrote:

"Clif Holland" wrote in message

SNIPE

Absolutely true in the society we're living in today... Shoot 'em, but
make sure the body falls inside - Also, make sure to empty your weaopn
and claim that fear for your life made you just keep squeezing the
trigger over and over in a panic until the gun didn't do anything but go
click click click.

--

Good one! Sounds like a good excuse to go back to revolvers.

Chris

Clif Holland

"daniel peterman" wrote in message
I am always surprised by high speed chases of suspected stolen cars.
Aren't there millions of cars, trucks whatever on the roads? A stolen
car is an issue between the owner and the insurance company. This is
different than somebody ripping off your fine china or Rolex. The
police scare the **** out of thieves and provoke chases that would
usually end in no incidence if there were no sirens and flashing lights.
Many times innocent people and property are damagd by car
thieves trying to outrun copters and cop cars. Let them go, I say. It's
just a car. Its parts won't vaporize off the face of the Earth. Cars and
other vehicles are very seldom actually owned by the people who garage
them. Metallic status symbols. Why should police be involved except in
the carjacking cases? Totally different issue.

True, except, you don't know why the guy ran until it's over with, most of
the time. If it were just a stolen car AND that's the only reason for
running I'd say let them go. But you never know, could be a body in the back
seat, someone locked in the trunk, etc....

--

Clif

Chris

"daniel peterman" wrote in message
I am always surprised by high speed chases of suspected stolen cars.
Aren't there millions of cars, trucks whatever on the roads? A stolen
car is an issue between the owner and the insurance company. This is
different than somebody ripping off your fine china or Rolex. The
police scare the **** out of thieves and provoke chases that would
usually end in no incidence if there were no sirens and flashing lights.
Many times innocent people and property are damagd by car
thieves trying to outrun copters and cop cars. Let them go, I say. It's
just a car. Its parts won't vaporize off the face of the Earth. Cars and
other vehicles are very seldom actually owned by the people who garage
them. Metallic status symbols. Why should police be involved except in
the carjacking cases? Totally different issue.

They get on TV chasing cars. Plus it is fun and not "real" work.

Not the case with stolen tools.

I say if you are robbed, tell the cops that they left in a stolen car drunk.
That will give them some incentive.

Chris

Abrasha

"Chris" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps that will bring
blood and break bones. Anyone out there that ain't supposed to be there
will just have to cope.

Steve

Just remember that dull objects (knives, etc.) create more pain than
sharp objects. More pain equals more screams equals a living scarecrow.
Hopefully scaring off the other thieves.

Chris

My imagination has been running amok. Mostly gravity actuated devices
triggered by a trip wire. Anyone got any sites they would care to share?

Steve

I could jog the old memory as I took some simple classes way back.

Using gravity is an option. Best used when the victim falls or steps (i.e.
tiger trap). Plus you get more PSI in a human footstep than most animals.

Chris

This discussion reminds me of the movie "Straw Dogs" by Sam Peckinpah
with Dustin Hoffman, in which he plays a docile astrophysicist who gets
bullied by a bunch of country yokels. He takes the insults during most
of the movie, and when he finally blows, the results get pretty ugly. I
remember a bear trap snapping closed around a guys neck.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Abrasha

Don Bruder wrote:

In some jurisdictions, simply placing the booby-traps in the first place
is a criminal offense that gets handled on a par with attempted murder.
In other jurisdictions, even IMPLYING that you've placed booby-traps,
whether you have actually done so or not, will get you at least hassled
by the LEOs, if not actually arrested.

That's exactly what happened to a jeweler here in San Francisco, that I
used to do trade work for many years ago. She used to have a large boa
constrictor crawling around on the floor of her shop at night, with a
sign in the window advising prospective visitors of that fact.

Boa constrictors are of course harmless to humans, since even large ones
are not interested in eating us or capable of harming us. So she was in
fact only implying that harm would come to a potential burglar.

A local news paper columnist wrote about this in the paper when he found
out about this. The police visited her the next day. Which the
columnist also promptly reported of course.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Ivan Vegvary

"daniel peterman" wrote in message
I am always surprised by high speed chases of suspected stolen cars.
Aren't there millions of cars, trucks whatever on the roads? A stolen
car is an issue between the owner and the insurance company. This is
different than somebody ripping off your fine china or Rolex. The
police scare the **** out of thieves and provoke chases that would
usually end in no incidence if there were no sirens and flashing lights.
Many times innocent people and property are damagd by car
thieves trying to outrun copters and cop cars. Let them go, I say. It's
just a car. Its parts won't vaporize off the face of the Earth. Cars and
other vehicles are very seldom actually owned by the people who garage
them. Metallic status symbols. Why should police be involved except in
the carjacking cases? Totally different issue.

Your point (vehicle theft) is interesting. You can get the police and the
DA fully behind catching and convicting someone of stealing a $ 500 car.
BUT, in my case, I had surveying equipment ($ 28,000) stolen right in front
of my crew's nose, we got a description and license number and were told by
the police (Oakland, CA) "sorry, it's an insurance matter". What a signal
to send to would be thieves.

ANYWAY, it's interesting how vehicle theft is actively pursued due to our
penal codes. I suppose it is a carry-over from horse thieving days. Our
vehicles are everything. Other things don't matter.

Ivan Vegvary

ps
BTW, did recover the equipment 6 years later because the serial numbers were
recorded at my dealer and sent to all other dealers. Eventually the
equipment was brought in for servicing and I was notified immediately.
Interesting how the person that brought the equipment in for servicing
happened to have the same license number that we recorded 6 years
previously.

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:40:25 -0400, "Chris" wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps that will bring
blood and break bones. Anyone out there that ain't supposed to be there
will just have to cope.

Steve

Just remember that dull objects (knives, etc.) create more pain than sharp
objects. More pain equals more screams equals a living scarecrow.
Hopefully scaring off the other thieves.

Chris

And remember that when someone jumps over a fence, they have to land.
If they land on strips of plywood with nails sticking up wards...its
only an accident and not a booby trap.

gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

#1)nobody is a cop because they want to better society
#2)every cop either got molested/beaten/picked on as a kid OR
#3)just love to be above the law.

A call comes in on the radio. Burglary. You take a bite off your
doughnut.
That donut baby just keeps getting bigger. You don't want to go chase
a burglar on foot. Another call on the radio. HIGH SPEED CAR CHASE.

the department just got you a 2006 Ford Interceptor. 350 horsepower,
ABS, etc etc. Now that sounds like fun. Something you can tell your
buddies at the bar.

Burn some rubber of your tires, run over a pedestrian, and chase that
guy down. It provides entertainment for the stupid masses as well.
Everyone
sits at home, glued to the television, watching the latest "drama" on
television. A pinto driven at 75Mph the wrong way down the freeway,
with 40 cops from 5 different counties in hot pursuit.

$250,000 in police vehicle and road sign damage , and the pinto
thief is caught. The old lady that was run over. She's dead. The
family that got their minivan ran into by the cops. They're screwed.
The driver of the pinto? Free transportation to the border.

I love the USA.

Chris

ups.com...

#1)nobody is a cop because they want to better society
#2)every cop either got molested/beaten/picked on as a kid OR
#3)just love to be above the law.

[...]

LMAO.

Seriously though I have heard (reliable source is all, no way to back it),
that 67% of the police (not including state troopers) here in MA were abused
as kids.

I do love some of these cop shows. What truly amazes me is how much do
these shows cost the tax-payer, yet no one complains? Even worse how many
times has the tax-payer suffered as the car with the camera has to speed
across town for the best ratings, meanwhile Grandma has a burglar in her
house. How many times do we see the actual car with the camera getting to
the scene first.?

I do love the one show (does not seem to be on any more), that always
bragged about the cops being "highly trained" yet it takes forty of them to
stop an idiot in a Pinto.

Chris

SteveB

"Don Bruder" wrote

Absolutely true in the society we're living in today... Shoot 'em, but
make sure the body falls inside - Also, make sure to empty your weaopn
and claim that fear for your life made you just keep squeezing the
trigger over and over in a panic until the gun didn't do anything but go
click click click.

--
Don Bruder -

This is too weird. Today, I got my CCW in the mail. Yah, the one I went to
school for on 4/6/05, and it was supposed to take 90 days to get. Ya, that
one.

Although it has nothing to do with private property, I did carry my pistol
legally on a bank run today.

And, might I say, with a bit of attitude.

Yeah..... go ahead ..... make my day.

Please.

SteveB

"daniel peterman" wrote in message
I am always surprised by high speed chases of suspected stolen cars.
Aren't there millions of cars, trucks whatever on the roads? A stolen
car is an issue between the owner and the insurance company. This is
different than somebody ripping off your fine china or Rolex. The
police scare the **** out of thieves and provoke chases that would
usually end in no incidence if there were no sirens and flashing lights.
Many times innocent people and property are damagd by car
thieves trying to outrun copters and cop cars. Let them go, I say. It's
just a car. Its parts won't vaporize off the face of the Earth. Cars and
other vehicles are very seldom actually owned by the people who garage
them. Metallic status symbols. Why should police be involved except in
the carjacking cases? Totally different issue.

I have the belief that the car should be arrested. If ANYONE flees from a
PO in a car, they just get the license number. They don't have to go
through the dangerous chase scenario. They do not have to identify the
driver, as the car committed the crime. Then, when the car is stopped
again, or the plate is run, it goes to car jail, and it costs the owner a
hefty sum to get it back. Or, DMV sends them a notice of cancellation of
registration.

It may be simplistic, but wouldn't it work?

Steve

Rudy

When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps

Speaking of booby traps..
I read this in a book recently.. I loved it:

Take a cheap Saturday nite special, take one round for it and pull out the
bullet from the shell and dump out the powder.
Replace it with C4 and push the bullet back in and reload..just the one
round
When the dirtbag that steals it tries it out...BOOM !

You get to track him by the blood trail from the 'stump'

SteveB

"Rudy" wrote in message
When I am done, I am going to put in some booby traps

Speaking of booby traps..
I read this in a book recently.. I loved it:

Take a cheap Saturday nite special, take one round for it and pull out the
bullet from the shell and dump out the powder.
Replace it with C4 and push the bullet back in and reload..just the one
round
When the dirtbag that steals it tries it out...BOOM !

You get to track him by the blood trail from the 'stump'

Two problems, Rudy.

Where are you going to get the C4?

A primer does not have the ability to detonate C4.

I think you need to get your money back on that book.

Steve