George Max

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:29:19 -0400, wrote:

Hi all,
I am new here and want to say hi to everyone and post a question.
Those of you in basement shops, how do you handle the dust and chip
issue? I am setting up a shop in a side room in the basement so I would
like some input . Also, do you have your sharpening equipment in there
as well or in the garage?
thanks in advance fo any ideas.
Matt

I don't do anything about that other than to vac it up when I'm done.
IMO, the lathe isn't the dirtiest tool, that honor goes to my planer.
And for that I vac the dust with a dust hood on it. Usually my shop
is fairly dirty during machining of the wood, and gets cleaned up
before I go back upstairs.