Artemia Salina

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:10:25 -0400, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Artemia Salina wrote:
I was thinking of something like this:
http://pages.cthome.net/fcf/clamp.gif ...

Nice idea. Here's a simplification: delete "B" & "D"; mount "C" to the
bench, without the handle & inlaid to keep benchtop smooth. To use:
drop "A" in "C" and turn. Bob

Trouble is it wouldn't resist rotational force, as in a tubing bender:
http://www.medfordtools.com/mb3.html

I like your other simplification though, with the slopes milled into
the pins in "A". It's getting remarkably close to a D1 cam-lock spindle
in design (which is what I based the idea on to begin with).
http://www.lathes.co.uk/latheparts/page9.html (bottom of page)

Makes me wonder if it'd be cost effective to use an old trashed
D1 cam-lock spindle nose mounted to the bench, and cam-lock backing
plates mounted to the tools.