Fred May

Default Sub-MainI in Shop

Several months or so ago there was a thread here I think. Googling etc.
to no avail,. Somebody wrote that there was someplace in the National
Electrical Code that said that for sub-mains you had to lift the neutral
(isolate it) in the sub-main box, and run it back to the main box. I am
looking for where (article) where this is mentioned.
Also I hear rumored that there is now a spec that calls out that if a
line is #14, 15 amp it has to be a particular color, and also a #12, 20
amp it has to be another color. I am about to rewire the shop and would
like to have it up to the code. As above article or any info??

Many thanks for the info.

Phredd (Fred)