fred

In article , Hugo Nebula
abuse@localhost.? writes
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:53:08 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named fred
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Before talking to the manufacturer I'd be inclined to power flush the system
properly (including the boiler) and refill with inhibitor, sounds like the power
flush will be needed on the final system anyway and it gives the
manufacturer one less thing to find fault with if they carry out an
inspection.

Unfortunately, any water in would just cascade over the kitchen floor.

I see, but you could isolate the pipework to flush through. There is a risk
that sludge might have moved through the system and dumped in the heat
exchanger, if the mfr sees something like that then it would be a big
negative.

It sounds like you're putting it down to experience

I certainly don't want to chalk it up to experience, but in the first
instance, she needs a working central heating system, and if she's to
have to pay out to a third party for someone to provide that, then our
only hope is to try and recover that from someone. I don't want to
take actions now that's going to stymie that ("you didn't give us a
chance to examine the system even though we couldn't get someone out
there until mid-November").

Yes, good to get it sorted now, re. evidence, got a video camera?
--
fred