fred

In article ,
writes
Hugo Nebula wrote:

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:04:59 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "Set
Square" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

It seems the first and third are definitely there. Crawling round the
loft space yesterday, I found an empty 1 litre bottle of Sentinel (?)
inhibitor. Assuming they put the full bottle in and no more, is this
enough for a seven radiator system?

Yes.

I'm not hopeful of getting a response from the installer. He's got
his money, and wouldn't respond to my concerns about the system last
year. Short of throwing good money after bad to hire solicitors, etc
to get him to put things right, what options do I have?

Take it up woth the manufacturers. For this you'll need the benchmark
certificate (A4 white card with light blue print & logos etc on it) which
the installer completed and left with the customer when he completed the
job.

Before talking to the manufacturer I'd be inclined to power flush the system
properly (including the boiler) and refill with inhibitor, sounds like the power
flush will be needed on the final system anyway and it gives the
manufacturer one less thing to find fault with if they carry out an
inspection.

Note that I'm not suggesting a deception, as others have suggested, I think
it unlikely that the system caused the leak so it seems fair to clean up a
little to avoid a rejection of any claim.

It sounds like you're putting it down to experience but if you decide to
pursue the original installer for the cost of re-flushing (at least) then you
could probably do with a report from the plumber you called out first.

Just noticed your latest post, don't worry about lead times, just call in the
mfr, mention aged mum to express the urgency and it is their problem -
but I would clean up the system first.
--
fred