Wayne Cook

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:26:04 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
I like Hewlett Packard calculators. I have two HP32SII's and a 42S,

To me, this is like saying I'd rather drive my car in reverse on the
freeway. Does HP still use that RPN logic? What on earth is the reason for
it and WHY would anyone like it? ( I know - I'm just troolling)

That's just because you've never really tried it long enough to get
used to it. Once you've use RPN for a while you quickly realize that
it's the best method of inputting data into a calculator out there. I
learned it when doing UIL calculator competition. In competition if
you didn't us RPN you was working with a handy cap that had to be
overcome if you wanted to win. It took more keystrokes, more time
studying the problem before entering (so that you made sure you
started in the right place), more memory on your part (to remember the
exact steps and number of "(" you'd entered), more everything. With
RPN you just started entering and used the stack to manipulate the
problem as needed during entry.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm