Harold and Susan Vordos

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
snip-

Anyway, if you really want to quit smoking you can. The physiological
symptoms can be surpressed to some degree and if you follow a regimen and
replace the physical pleasure of holding and playing with a butt you will
stop. The big hurdle for you, and me BTW, is really wanting to do it.

Yep! I smoked my pipes for something like 20 years before a bleeding ulcer
gave me good reason to back off. To this day, certain activities make it
difficult to not grab one and light up. Running my mill, for one. I can't
speak for cigarette smokers, but pipe smokers often have an affair of sorts
with their pipe(s). They become a warm and faithful companion. Old habits
die hard.

Quitting after smoking for years??-----I agree-it's a decision one makes,
but you have to be honest with yourself and really want to. If you're the
kind that's inclined to cheat at solitaire, you're unlikely to succeed.

My father (now deceased) smoked for something like 30 years. One day,
after stopping off at the local pub for a brew on a Saturday afternoon , was
on his way home when he reached in his pocket for a smoke. Pulled the pack
out, looked at it, then tossed it out the window and never touched smokes
again, ever. For what ever reason, that day he made up his mind to quit,
and he did. We Greeks have a strong constitution, it would appear! g

Harold