Christopher Tidy

Default Restored vacuum pump

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the vacuum pump I was
talking about last month. It's a little Edwards ED 35 two stage pump
which I found in a local laboratory's skip (dumpster) last year and have
spent a bit of time restoring. I had the motor rewound, repainted it,
stripped and cleaned the pump and fitted new springs and seals, and
mounted it on some anti-vibration feet. Now it works very sweetly and
holds its vacuum for more that a week after I switch it off. I'm
planning to use it for some experiments on electrical discharges in low
pressure gases. I'm meaning to create a web page with some pictures of
the restoration, but so far I haven't got round to it, so I thought I'd
share a couple of pictures.

Pump as found:
http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/vp_as_found.jpg

Pump restored: