John R. Carroll

Don Bruder wrote:
In article ,
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Don Bruder wrote:
In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

I know they put expiration dates on those things, but I can't help but
wonder how long they *REALLY* remain useful when stored properly
sealed, in the dark, etc. etc. etc...

Long, very long, and all you need do is pull a vaccuum on a plastic bag then
put them in the freezer.
The active ingredients are UV sensitive and they react with each other and
the atmosphere. You end up with reacted salts.

Guess I probably won't be turning into a skag-head anytime soon, eh?

Probably not :)
Heroin was legal here until it became apparent that having a significant
part of the populace addicted wasn't working.
Who knew? If you ever decide to do permanent damage to your brain from one
or two uses go with ecstacy. The latest info on Meth seems to indicate
something rather frightening and very unique. You didn't like opium because
you were not associating it with an existing pleasurable behavior. When you
changed that, you found it pleasant and it was the euphoria the drug
produced. You associated that with the smell and the taste and the
experience changed. At some point you would have dropped the crutch that the
weed really was. Meth seems not to be like that. You need no associated
behavior and therefore don't need to "learn" to "enjoy" it. You can become
addicted the very first time. I know that sounds unlikely and you will
probably be reminded of bs statements to keep kids from even trying stuff
but it is increasingly being accepted that methamphetamines are unique.
Scary.

Yep, I've heard more than once about the DTs being fatal in some
cases.

It's a little more complicated than that but the DT's are a symptom that
indicates another condition.
Death is frequently not preceeded by those symptoms.

Anyway, if you really want to quit smoking you can. The physiological
symptoms can be surpressed to some degree and if you follow a regimen and
replace the physical pleasure of holding and playing with a butt you will
stop. The big hurdle for you, and me BTW, is really wanting to do it.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.