Dave Plowman (News)

Default Cable colours for 110v fixed wiring

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
It doesn't seem right to run it with two reds either, although I
suppose one could argue that a red and a yellow as being two "phases"
would be legitimate. Equally, it could be reasonably argued that
two yellows be used, especially since they would be 6mm^2 and quite
obvious as well as segregated on the basis that yellow is associated
with the 110v transformer and outlets.

Absolutely no help, but I always use yellow for AC other than mains in
electronics. Suppose it's because I didn't want to double up on every
colour of equipment wire, and have that as one of my 24/0.2 reels.

--
*Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.