Too_Many_Tools

Thanks for the response Grant. Your input is always welcome. ;)

I would love to see pictures of your setup when you have something
assembled.

Upon reading your description, you just reminded me that I have an
arbor press that will be using the mount also. Geez..so many tools, so
little time. ;)

I am planning on making a number of these mounts. Several will be
mounted on benches and at one other will be mounted on a pedestal in
the center of the shop for jobs where one needs to be able to access
the work from all directions.

I haven't been thinking about this long but two options come to mind.

One is the tube within a tube approach...much like a trailer hitch.

The second would be a dovetail arrangement where one part would be
fitted to the bench and the other part would be mounted on the bottom
of the tool. One could make a piece minus a tool but with a section of
bench to fit the bench mount so the bench would remain flush and flat.

The part I haven't really thought about is that I want no slop in the
mount. This means that you would attach the mount and then "do
something" to make the assembled mount solid. An arrangement like a
quick release lathe holder comes to mind.

Has anyone come up with a way to secure a quick mount base firmly but
still be able to remove it quickly?

TMT