Grant Erwin

Somehow you got front/backslashes mixed up in your URLs. Try
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/SawSpdCtl01.JPG

etc.

It looks like you speed control both ways, i.e. like you have to open your
needle valve wide open just to lift it back up. Is that right? Interesting
simplification of the normal design which has 2 legs, one with a check valve.

Where'd you get that nifty little cylinder?

GWE

Pete Keillor wrote:

Following are photos of the cutting speed control for my copy of the
ubiquitous 4"x6" bandsaw. I thought about and discarded the idea of
building a bracket to compress the cylinder on the cutting stroke.
This would give the advantage of moving more fluid for the same
distance, but would require a lot more work.

Instead, I decided to slightly reduce the thickness of the spring
mount to accept the cylinder yoke, then made a shoulder pin for the
rear yoke, to mount through an existing hole which I enlarged slightly
and counterbored to accept the pin. The reservoir is a 4 oz. model
airplane fuel tank. The reservoir mount is just scrap steel drilled,
bent, and painted.

The pictures are as follows:

http://www.metalworking.com\dropbox\SawSpdCtl01.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com\dropbox\SawSpdCtl02.jpg