Pete Keillor

Default 4X6 Bandsaw Speed Ctl Photos in Dropbox

Following are photos of the cutting speed control for my copy of the
ubiquitous 4"x6" bandsaw. I thought about and discarded the idea of
building a bracket to compress the cylinder on the cutting stroke.
This would give the advantage of moving more fluid for the same
distance, but would require a lot more work.

Instead, I decided to slightly reduce the thickness of the spring
mount to accept the cylinder yoke, then made a shoulder pin for the
rear yoke, to mount through an existing hole which I enlarged slightly
and counterbored to accept the pin. The reservoir is a 4 oz. model
airplane fuel tank. The reservoir mount is just scrap steel drilled,
bent, and painted.

The pictures are as follows:

http://www.metalworking.com\dropbox\SawSpdCtl01.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com\dropbox\SawSpdCtl02.jpg