Pete Keillor

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:18:03 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

"bill" wrote in message
roups.com...
| follow this link:
| http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4406121360
|
| while this is partly a blatant shill for an auction for something that
| is nearly worthless as a tool, maybe it's also a way to start a
| discussion on really really useless tools - this one being something of
| an example, but I'm sure there are worse (and please, let's exclude the
| electric fork right off the bat)

Actually, this is a really cool attachment. At work I can drive
hundreds of screws in one day with my pneumatic screw gun. I just hold the
trigger down and go from screw to screw. Of course the motor won't run
until the bit is pushed in, but the principle is the same. Not worth it for
a handful of fasteners, but if I did lots of 'em I'd be all over it.

The two Weidmuller screwdrivers I had did not have a trigger. Just
set the predetermined torque required by the size terminal strip screw
you were tightening and push. Pushing activated it, stalling stopped
it. Very fast when you have 500 to 1000 terminations to make, but
very pricey.

Pete Keillor