Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:
Most do not at all. 50% of all new homes still have tanks and
cylinders taking up the airing cupboard and gravity showers. My buyers
would not tolerate such poor performance and clutter.

For a start I'd dispute this. Most new houses are built down to a price -
and costs certainly rule out a storage system. It's far cheaper to install
a combi.

The only combis I have seen in new houses are Powermaxes and Gledhill
Gulfsteams. Most have had cheap cylinders cluttering the airing
cupboards and boilers in the kitchen of all places. I have seem many
Megaflows which don't liberate space in the house, just eliminating a
tank and power shower pump.

But if this was the case, they're supplying performance - which your
preferred systems can't match. That your buyers have no clue says much
about them.

My viewers and buyers are mainly foreign, who expect high performance
from heating, baths, showers and top kitchens and well fitted
bathrooms. I can't speak for what goes in North Yorkshire.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.