Andy Hall wrote:
On 16 Sep 2005 03:15:12 -0700, wrote:

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
the combined flow. Single taps lower the price of a place.

Total crap, if there is either a separate shower enclosure or mixer
were is the need for mixer taps?

I wish all my buyers were as easy to please as you, as I would save a
fortune and put in cheap contractor materials.

This is complete nonsense.

You are gullible to the marketing wiles of form over function - a
marketeer's dream. Do you buy Lottery tickets?

It seems that you are trying address markets with an inappropriate mix
of products.

If you are trying to go for the market where appearance and *apparent*
function is the key, you might as well go for fancy gold mixer taps,
full body showers and all the rest of it and the cheapest combi you
can buy. You could copy the manufacturers of such boilers and put
into the estate agent spec that there is a two-bathroom hot water
system.

Don't bother about it not working properly.

There is little point in going for products such as the ACV because if
you just want to be able to be able to use the phrase "stainless
steel" as a selling point, there are cheaper ways to do it.
Then you have more money to spend on visual frippery like fancy gold
mixer taps.

Alternatively, if you are trying to go for the market where function
matters, you would be much better off going for a proper storage or
thermal store system using a stainless steel heat exchanger or a
boiler using a stainless steel heat exchanger. I suspect that this
is a minority part of the market, however.

Certainly a product like ACV will do a better job than a cheap and
nasty 11lpm combi. But what's the point? You can claim a two
bathroom solution from almost any piece of crap just by cutting and
pasting the brochures.

On the other hand, it falls way short of a proper storage solution of
either stored HW or a sensible capacity thermal store. Therefore you
lose out both ways. You are spending more than needed to provide a
cosmetic marketing solution but are falling short of doing the job
properly.

You really are confused.

--

.andy