Andy Hall

On 17 Sep 2005 02:29:13 -0700, wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

he unvented cylinder is totally immersed within the
thermal store water. The heating is taken from the thermal store water.
The heat exchanger runs right through the centre of the two tanks.

The DHW enters into a coil right at the bottom of the cylinder and then
fills the unvented cylinder at the top after leaving the coil. I think
this is to keep the bottom cool for the condensing part.

The 37 minutes recovery is from cold to 80 centigrade. It will always
give 15 litres per minute minimum. In less than 17 minutes a full bath
could be drawn off (half the 38 litre for 10 minutes, which is 190
litres). If the bath is 125 litres then about 12 minutes or so, 10
minutes or les if replying on the 15 litres per minutes to finish off
at the end of the fill.

This is assuming that that is indeed what the product does. The spec.
is not clear on this point at all.

The spec is very clear.

The spec. is *not* clear on the point of the size of the store at all.

his thing looks very impressive to me and
performs better than a separate cylinder, and cheaper as well.

Untrue.

I have looked at the specs, it performs better.

Nonsense. You don't have figures for a separate cylinder. Since it
is possible to design a storage system component by component, it is
possible to achieve virtually whatever performance is wanted.

35 KW
Viessmann, or ACV boiler, a tank in tank and the controls to deliver
380 litres in 10 minutes costs more than the Heatmaster and takes up
far more space and time to connect up.

There are many alternatives using a cylinder or thermal store that are
quite easy to connect up and do not take up more usable space.

I looked at a megaflow and they were around £1.5K with all the valves
attached, then I would have to buy a top quality boiler around 30 kiloW
pushing it up to well over £2K. I may as well buy a Viessmann,
Gledhill or ACV floor mounted combi and save money, hassle and lots of
space.

Except that it doesn't save any usable space at all. The thing is
larger than the footprint of a washing machine and taller as well.
It's also larger than a domestic cylinder footprint.

am into delivering flows to at
least 1 bathroom and en-suite, more usually two full bathrooms, and
this baby delivers without any fuss and all in one box which is easy to
connect up.

I can see why you would find it attractive.

Read above and read the specs.

I have. The critical information is missing, and the manufacturer
feels that the product is light in weight which it isn't.

I am not as easily impressed as you are.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl