tony sayer

Default Ciao bella. Back home to water tank problem.

In article , Mike Tomlinson
writes
In article , Andy Hall
writes

Have you seen American water heaters and electrical installations?

I have. My parent's bungalow in Florida has hot water supplied by a
massive cylinder in the garage. At a guess, it's ~6ft tall and ~3ft
dia, powered by a single 220v immersion element; not sure of the
wattage. Needless to say, the cylinder is unlagged

Unlagged..no wonder global warming is becoming a problem....

and when starting
from cold, takes hours to produce any hot water. They now leave it
switched on all the time. The wiring to the element was also, um,
"interesting".

--
Tony Sayer