Kevin Miller

Bill Rubenstein wrote:
Bob Hewson wrote:
How would you define a hollow turned form?

The opening through which the inside of the blank is evacuated is small
as compared to the diameter of the piece.

That's what is usually referred to as a closed form I believe. A hollow
form is one that has a very tiny hole - say 1/4" or less. At least
that's always been my understanding. These sorts of definations are by
nature pretty general though, so if someone says they have a vessel with
a half inch hole I won't lose any sleep in calling it a hollow form...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb