Andy Hall

Default Cable colours for 110v fixed wiring

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:20:38 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

In article , Andy Hall
writes

Thoughts?

My first reaction is that, although you have the 110v and 230v cables
segregated in your trunking, it would be sensible to choose different
colours for different voltages, purely as an identification aid in case
you have a 'senior moment'.

I did debate that, although on pulling off the trunking lids it does
become obvious because the wiring from the edge compartment drops only
into the EN60309 sockets and nowhere else.

How about running the 110v cct in the American wiring colours - black
for live/hot, white for neutral, green/yellow for earth? If you look at
the flex wiring for 110v power tools, those are the colours used.

I considered that as well, except that American ground connection is
green and not green/yellow, and there is potential confusion over
black in the new wiring colours anyway.

Added to this, I already have 6mm^2 black and red in the main section
of the trunking to carry single phase 230v radial circuits for the
machine outlets.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl