Mike Tomlinson

Default Ciao bella. Back home to water tank problem.

In article , Andy Hall
writes

Have you seen American water heaters and electrical installations?

I have. My parent's bungalow in Florida has hot water supplied by a
massive cylinder in the garage. At a guess, it's ~6ft tall and ~3ft
dia, powered by a single 220v immersion element; not sure of the
wattage. Needless to say, the cylinder is unlagged and when starting
from cold, takes hours to produce any hot water. They now leave it
switched on all the time. The wiring to the element was also, um,
"interesting".

--
A. Top posters.