Appliance Repair Aid

I have a Sears Kenmore (I think) side by side refrigerator about 6-8
years old.

The water one day quit coming out of the dispenser on the front door.
The ice maker/dispenser still work fine dispensing ice out the front.

Does anybody have any tips on what it could be and how to check it and
troubleshoot. I was going to order the repair manual but there are
two- one for the ice maker and one for the rest of the fridge. Since
the ice maker is related to the water dispensor (I think there might be
one solenoid/valve common to both), I didn't want to lay out $30 for
both manuals if not necessary.

Are there any websites for troubleshooting this ?

Thanks for any help.

Thirsty Bob

Howdy,

I have a Sears Kenmore (I think) side by side refrigerator about 6-8
years old.

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

The water one day quit coming out of the dispenser on the front door.
The ice maker/dispenser still work fine dispensing ice out the front.

Bad 1/2 of the fill valve, frozen water tank/reservoir, bad switch in
the dispensor, broken plastic mechanism in the dispensor are some
possible trouble makers.

I think there might be
one solenoid/valve common to both

At least 1 fill valve with 2 solenoids, 1/2 of the fill valve is for
icemaker and 1/2 for chilled water....some refrigerators have more thna
one fill valve.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/