IMM

Default Combi Boiler Choice, please help!

"Simon Stroud" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Just when I thought I was ready to purchase my Combi Boiler, I
remembered the flue!

My boiler will be sited just over 5m from the nearest suitable outside
wall, vertical flueing is not an option, so it has to be horizontal.

I can't find a boiler to suit my needs.

The boiler spec is:

Natural Gas
Combi Boiler
5m+ flue length (prefer single coaxial flue)
Will only need to run 4 radiators
Needs to be able to run a multi head shower

Can you please help me find a boiler to fit the above spec, and a Mail
Order supplier for it?

Many thanks.
--
Andy

www.eco-hometec.co.uk

We have their EC31S combi with a long (approx 4m) flue.

It can handle far longer than that and the flue is a plastic pipe.

It's a fully modulating condensing combi. Being fully modulating, it

lowers
its output to remain in condensing mode even under low demand, so the flue
temperature is always low. Hence the plastic flue. I think for most combi
installations you would be looking at a rather high boiler capacity (in

our
case 36kW) to suit the hot water requirements, and this is typically much
higher than what is needed for the heating side of things.

They do a slightly bigger one (EC38S) with a 46kW hot water capacity. They
modulate down to a very low level when required (4.5kW for our one, 6kW

for
the bigger model) so fine for a wide range of heating requirements.

Not cheap though.

But very, very, good. You get what you pay for.