Chris Lewis

According to Ranieri uh, nah:
You're talking about this stuff, I assume:
http://www.granitetransformations.com/granite.html

Appears to be granite dust / chips in an epoxy or polyester binder. I would
think it would be fairly durable - but have no 1st hand exp.

The cost may not be significantly less than a new granite counter, though.
No demo required, tho - which can be a plus.

Zodiaq (Dupont), Silestone and a few other materials are 90% quartz/10% epoxy
resin composites which are used as a granite substitute. Produced as large slabs,
you get local dealers to cut/install the stuff for you.

Cheaper? No. Roughly same price range as natural granite, but there's more
colours, and the stuff _really_ doesn't need any maintenance. (Granite needs
to be [re]sealed periodically, this stuff doesn't)

Your link sounds like something very similar, but oriented towards a different
application.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est