Bob

Thank you Speedy Jim.

Heres my problem.

There use to be a 4in screw in cap on my sewer line in my basement. One
time it rained like crazy and the water backed out. It turns out the pipes
threads are stipped so the cap was just sitting on top. When the water
backed up it just lifted off and my basement filled quickly.

So I purchased the below item from home depot.
http://tinyurl.com/aqwyy

This at it tightest setting does not seal the drain. Its like the very top
of it fits over the drain hole but the rubber in the middle does not expand
enough to grasp the pipe. I was wondering what else I could try. May be
the homedepot version is a piece of poo and another brand might work better?
The drain is metal and under the basement floor. Only the part with the
threads is showing above ground.

I was going to try this...
http://tinyurl.com/8fue3

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks again.

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
I am trying to find a 4'' drain cap for my sewage line but I can't find
any good plumbing supply places on line. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks

A cap goes over the end of a pipe. If plastic,
you can get a glue-on cap. Or a rubber cap with stainless band.

One place:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/testing.html

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/pvc.html#cap