Goedjn

Why have a foundation?

It makes it easier to figure out where to park
the house, it keeps the house from sinking . . .

Well, if you built a concrete boat with a flat bottom.....

Possible, but I'd think it would be easier, cheaper,
and less of a shock to the local code inspector if
you build a concrete cellar... no this is N'Orleans,
so there is no cellar.. I'm still voting for
a concrete perimeter foundation, 12" above grade,
with a 24" sealed "barge" platform as the ground floor.
that gives you a displacement of 2cuft per square-foot
or area, which means a total building+occupancy
weight of around 120psf.. so you're limited to
heavy 1-story buildings, or light 2-story ones.
When you outgrow the house, though, you can jack the
whole thing up 10', and build a (floodable) ground
floor underneath, on the existing footings.