Nick Hull

In article ,
"Steve Koschmann" wrote:

OK... not really on metalworking (metal content lithium ion battery???)...
but this group has so much technical info... just looking for ideas..

2 months ago, I dropped my 3 month new cell phone in the pool. Stupid move,
but hey s##t happens. Obviously phone was soaked.

Grabbed it out, pulled the battery out, let phone dry for a week. White
colored " tell-tale dot" inside phone is now red.. (this dot is used by the
phone companies to determine whether or not to honor warranties if the phone
gets wet).......

I can only relate my experience with a (film) camera. It got a major
soaking in salt water (enough that Kodak bitched about the salt content
of the film!). I dumped the batteries (disposable) and headed for shore
and rinsed the camera with fresh water after remooving the film. Then I
took a short flight to work where I had LOTS of demineralized water and
a vacuum chamber; I flushed generously with the DW and put into the
vacuum chanber to dry. The camera worked fine for years until one day I
used the (mechanical) self-timer and that locked everything up.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/