JK

Default RFI: Bandsaws and vise wear

I have a buddy who is cutting about 2000 ft ea of
1.5 angle iron. 1.5 round tubing and 1 inch sq tubing
on a Jet 7 x 12 H&V band saw each month. It is more
cost effective for him to have an employee to cut the stock
than have it cut by the supplier. The stock is cutting a groove
in each face of the vise and the bed of the saw. The cost of
replacing the vise jaws is small, the cost of replacing the bed of the
saw is not so small. We were kicking around the idea of an abrasion
resistant plate to attach to the vise jaws and the saw bed. Has
anyone done this or what material would be suitable to do this?

regards,
Jim