Don Foreman

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:25:17 GMT, Ben Hockenhull
wrote:

That helps, thanks. I was looking at getting both some carbon steel wire
as well as some stainless, as the carbon steel should be less expensive
for pure screwing around.

What's the relationship between temper and the wire's ability to take and
hold a set? I'm assuming that annealed wire is better at taking a bend,
but am less certain about holding it under force.

I don't know. It might need to be a pretty soft temper to take sharp
bends without cracking. Annealed wire probably work hardens a little
when bent sharply.